Monday, June 11, 2007

Travel Quotes



I love quotes...I think they are great. The other day I think I spent about 3 hours just reading quotes. Here are some of the ones that I liked, (mainly) about traveling:

"Travel is the frivolous part of serious lives, and the serious part of frivolous ones." -- Anne Sophie Swetchine

"Two of the greatest gifts we can give our children are roots and wings." –- Hodding Carter

"Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen." –- Benjamin Disraeli

"A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it.”-- George Moore

"Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends." -- Maya Angelou

"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”-- Martin Buber

"Americans who travel abroad for the first time are often shocked to discover that, despite all the progress that has been made in the last 30 years, many foreign people still speak in foreign languages" -- Dave Barry

"I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it." -- Rosalia de Castro

"Traveling is like flirting with life. It's like saying, 'I would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station.'" -- Lisa St. Aubin de Teran

"Once in a while it really hits people that they don't have to experience the world in the way they have been told to." -- Alan Keightley

"It may be that the satisfaction I need depends on my going away, so that when I've gone and come back, I'll find it at home." -- Rumi

"Travel has no longer any charm for me. I have seen all the foreign countries I want to except heaven & hell & I have only a vague curiosity about one of those."
- Mark Twain

"Travel is the most private of pleasures. There is no greater bore than the travel bore. We do not in the least want to hear what he has seen in Hong-Kong." -- Vita Sackville-West

Got any good ones to add?

No comments: